Local man to complete 12 months of challenges for charity
Release Date: 12/02/18
Local father, Nathan Cheney, 38, of Hinckley, Leicestershire is to complete a year of personal challenges to help support charities, both local and national in order to give back to the people that have helped him through the past year.
“I had the ambition to do more for charity in 2018” says Nathan “Unfortunately the year got off to a bad start for me and I ended up needing more support than I could give, luckily I have a wonderful family and great friends that have helped me, and that has only intensified my desire to give back”
Nathan, consulting with friends and family, has identified a number of charities that they felt were great causes, but struggled to narrow the list so has decided to support them all with a year programme of 12 Challenges designed to stretch him both mentally and physically. These include;
- January – A 10K Run around Draycote water for Diabetes UK
- February – A 100k Rowing Challenge to support homeless charity Coventry Cyrenians
- March – The Coventry Half Marathon for Barnardo’s.
- April – The Wolf Run for Leukaemia UK
- May – 100 mile walk for the Heart Link Children’s Charityat Glenfield hospital.
- June – 3 Peak Challenge for MacMillan Cancer Support
- July – Water Wipeout 10K for Alzheimer’s UKthrough Home from home dementia day care.
- August – Parachute Jump for Age UK, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- September – A run around the Rutland Water 26 mile course in aid of Mind
- October – Cycle to the Sea for the British Heart Foundation.
- November – Movember, for Prostate Cancer UK
- December – Ending the year in style with a Charity Auction & Dinner to round off the year and celebrate the grand total raised, before splitting the funds and presenting the charities with a final amount each.
“I’ve never done anything of this nature before, I started couch to 5K in October. Every family will find themselves touched by one or more of the issues that I hope to raise awareness for, but may not be aware of the fantastic work done by the charities to support those affected. I have already participated in Movember in 2018 raising £450 for Prostate Cancer UK and hope to continue this level of fundraising by reaching out to all those that are affected and inspiring them to either join me, support me or go and do something themselves.”
Nathan’s Programme began with a 10K Run on January 13that Draycote water for Diabetes UK, which he successfully completed with a personal best time of 56:08. His next upcoming challenge is the 100K Indoor Rowing Challenge at IKEA Coventry in support of Coventry Cyrenians
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- We provide a comprehensive range of high quality services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in Coventry and Warwickshire in their action to end homelessness
- We provide more supported accommodation for homeless people in Coventry than any other organisation
- Around a quarter of our residents obtain paid employment by the time they move on from us, many benefitting from our own employment and training opportunities
- We generate 80% of our income from accommodation charges but rely on public support and donations to enable us to continue our work
Website links – To find out more about Cheneys Charity Challenges visit
This month’s Charity – www.coventrycyrenians.co.uk
For more information please use the subscription form on my website home page.
To donate items for December’s charity auction please contact: Auction@CheneysCharityChalleges.co.uk
For press packs and information on forthcoming events, please contact; Press@CheneysCharityChallenges.co.uk
All image/ media rights are retained by Nathan Cheney and can be used with permission of Nathan Cheney by emailing Nathan_cheney@hotmail.com.