Local man to complete 12 months of challenges for charity
Release Date: 21/12/18
To Raise awareness and funds for causes that are close to my heart Local father Nathan Cheney, 38, of Hinckley, Leicestershire will be completing a year of fund raising to help support 12 charities close to his heart, by completing 12 physical challenges over the course of 2019.
“I had the ambition to do more for charity in 2018” says Nathan “Unfortunately the year didn’t get off to a great start and I ended up needing more support than I could give. Fortunately, I have a wonderful family and great friends who helped me getting back on an even-keel, and that has only intensified my determination to give back.”
Each month will see Nathan supporting a different charity with a new challenge.
“I’ve never done anything this challenging before. The only running I’d ever done before I started training, was for the bus and now I’m frequently running over 10k. Every family will at some time find themselves touched by one or more of the issues being tackled by these amazing charities, but not everyone will be aware of just how much fantastic work they do. By focusing on one charity per month, I hope to change this.”
“I have already participated in growing a moustache for Movember and in the process raised £450 for Prostate Cancer UK. My aim is to continue this level of fundraising by reaching out to all and encouraging them to either join me, support me or go and do something themselves.”
Nathan’s Programme of the next 12 months
- January – A 10K Run around Draycote water for Diabetes UK·
- February – A 100k Rowing Challenge to support Help the Homeless·
- March – The Coventry Half Marathon for Barnardo’s, in partnership with IKEA.·
- April – The Wolf Run for Leukaemia UK·
- May – 100 mile walk for the Heart Link Children’s Charity at Glenfield hospital.·
- June – 3 Peak Challenge for MacMillan Cancer Support·
- July – Water Wipeout 10K for Alzheimer’s UK through Home from home dementia day care.·
- August – Parachute Jump for Age UK, Leicestershire and Rutland.·
- September – A run around the Rutland Water 26 mile course in aid of Mind·
- October – Cycle to the Sea for the British Heart Foundation.·
- November – Movember, for Prostate Cancer UK·
- December – Ending the year in style with a Charity Auction & Dinner to round off the year and celebrate the grand total raised, before splitting the funds equally between the charities.
Website links – To find out more about Cheneys Charity Challenges visit
This month’s Charity – https://www.diabetes.org.uk/
For more information please use the subscription form on my website home page.
To donate items for December’s charity auction please contact: Auction@CheneysCharityChalleges.co.uk
For press packs and information on forthcoming events,please contact; Press@CheneysCharityChallenges.co.uk
All image/ media rights are retained by Nathan Cheney and can be used with permission of Nathan Cheney. Email – Nathan_cheney@hotmail.com.